1 cup (120 g whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute or 1 egg
2/3 cup (130 g) sugar or other sweetener to taste
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup (65 g) crushed pineapple, well drained (optional)
1 1/2 cups (190 g) zucchini chunks
1/2 cup (60 g) chopped nuts
1/2 cup (75 g) raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 1/2 inch x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking power, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice in a medium-size mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Place egg substitute, sugar, vanilla extract, pineapple and zucchini into the Vitamix or blender in the order listed and secure lid.
4. Select Variable one (low)
5. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 4 (med)
6. Blend for 10-15 seconds. Stop machine and remove lid
7. Add dry ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
8. Select Variable 5 (med)
9. Blend for 20 seconds or until mixed
10. If necessary, use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Do not over mix.
11. Stop machine. Stir in nuts and raisins by hand.
12. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.