Spicy Vegetable Soup
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 red bell pepper
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 baby leek
1 med potato
1 dsp harissa spices
Boil ingredients for 15 - 20 minutes
when cool enough put in blender for 20 secs
60g spelt flour
30g sunflower seeds
30g pumpkin seeds
250g jumbo raisins and cranberries
5 tbs honey (I used manuka honey)
2 dsp almond butter
2 tbs coconut oil
mix all ingredients in a large bowl, pour out into a lined baking tray and press lightly with a spoon
bake at 160c for 30 mins till golden brown
I sprinkled flax seed on top before baking and pressed it down into the mixture, but this is optional... ok it was an afterthought!!
1 pak choi
1/2 a fennel bulb
1/2 a green bell pepper
1/2 a courgette
2 cloves garlic
2 cups spinach
Boil all ingredients in a pan for 20 minutes, when cool enough put in blender till well blended, serves 2
I small chicken breast cut into strips
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1 small red onion chopped
1 baby leek sliced
8 cherry tomatoes halved
2 cups curly kale
black pepper, smoked garlic powder and harissa spices to taste
rub the seasoning on the chicken before cooking
Fry all ingredients in extra virgin olive oil (the kale should be added last)
2 pieces of Haddock fillet
salt and pepper
1/4 pint semi skimmed milk
1 oz butter
3 tbs Flour
6 oz grated cheese
Wash and dry the fish and place in a saucepan, just covered with cold water and a little salt. Cover the pan and bring slowly to the boil. Remove from heat and leave to sit for 5 minutes. Drain off the liquid and save 1/4 pint and mix it with the milk. Remove the skin from the fish and keep it warm in an ovenproof dish. Melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and gradually stir in the milk and fish stock, bring to the boil and stir till the sauce thickens. Stir in 4oz cheese and pour over the fish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and grill until golden and bubbling.
These are recipes that I have picked up on my journey through weight loss I hope you enjoy them, many of them I have created myself!
- Basic tips to start your weight loss journey
- Common diet mistakes
- Best Diet Tips
- Why Do I Lose Slower Than Others? What Can I Change?
- A-Z of Motivational tips
- The vegetables that fight the root cause of belly fat
- Natural diuretics
- Quick Weight Loss Tips By Focusing On Your Eating Habits
- Sleep and weight loss
- Negative calorie foods
- Fat Loss Tips That Are Guaranteed To Give you Results
- Childhood Obesity and How To Combat It
- Weight loss tips for the over 50's
- Unique 7 Day Green Juice Detox
- 2 Crafty Ladies
- Treat Yourself
- My online store
- Can plate colour help you eat healthier?
- Why is sugar so hard to resist?
- How easy is it to trick your taste?
- How does your brain make food decisions?
- What influences our food choices?
- Are eating habits contagious?
- Low GL meal plans and recipes
- How to use fruit and vegetables to manage your weight