Whether you want to save pounds in your purse or stop the pounds ending up on your hips, read on.......
Don't you just love to go food shopping.......
the supermarkets are full to overflowing with thousands of brightly packaged goods they want us to buy.
Maybe you just want some milk, ok, I hope you like exercise, the milk will be way at the back, along with the bread and other items that we purchase regularly.
So, a little word of advice....... of course if you are going for an afternoon out, whether it's because it's raining out and you want to stay inside ... or.... you just want to get out the house and see other human beings, then this won't apply to you.
Put your blinkers on......
pretend you are a horse wearing blinkers,
head straight for the items you want,
do not go up the biscuit aisle,
do not go up the crisps and snacks aisle....
head straight for where the items are located that you intend to buy.
Well number one they want your money... as much as they can get!!!
So they put temptation in your way! Don't look at it ....... keep walking.....
Also if you are trying to eat healthier, then all those awful sugary foods are jumping out at you every chance they get!
Try doing a power walk in the supermarket, you could even time yourself to see how fast you can get from the door going in to arriving at the checkout! See if you can beat your own times or ask friends how long they spend in the supermarket and turn it into a game. Weekly shop times, or just a few items times.
You will beat the supermarkets game at trying to get you to purchase the things you don't want!
Next tip.... DO NOT buy in bulk! unless it is toilet rolls, tissues etc.
You will just end up eating more! That multipack of crisps.... gone before you know it.......
IGNORE the ends of the aisles....... supermarkets achieve 30% of their sales from them!!
It's normally all unhealthy stuff there anyway!
Don't forget to do your neck exercises while in the shop...... look up and look down...... all the things at eye level is what they want you to buy!
Next time you go in a supermarket appreciate their cunning plan, but, you have the power to beat them!!!
Don't let them win!
Hi My name is Lisa but I go under the pseudonym SkinnyLiz...
- Basic tips to start your weight loss journey
- Common diet mistakes
- Best Diet Tips
- Why Do I Lose Slower Than Others? What Can I Change?
- A-Z of Motivational tips
- The vegetables that fight the root cause of belly fat
- Natural diuretics
- Quick Weight Loss Tips By Focusing On Your Eating Habits
- Sleep and weight loss
- Negative calorie foods
- Fat Loss Tips That Are Guaranteed To Give you Results
- Childhood Obesity and How To Combat It
- Weight loss tips for the over 50's
- Unique 7 Day Green Juice Detox
- 2 Crafty Ladies
- Treat Yourself
- My online store
- Can plate colour help you eat healthier?
- Why is sugar so hard to resist?
- How easy is it to trick your taste?
- How does your brain make food decisions?
- What influences our food choices?
- Are eating habits contagious?
- Low GL meal plans and recipes
- How to use fruit and vegetables to manage your weight