20 plus years of yo yo dieting, I think I have tried them all........
I owned a coffee shop and hated waste ....result.... weight went on.....
One day someone came in with a photo they had taken of me....omg ....I was fat!!!
I seriously had to do something.....
I started walking the dog every night, an hour up the cliff path and back helped a bit but when you take a family sized bar of chocolate with you it really doesn't help!
Atkins...yep I lost weight but my gallbladder complained like I don't know what!!!
Herbalife......lost lots of pounds in the monetary sense as it was so expensive but no pounds lost in weight
Weight watchers....mmmm well didn't really like going to the weigh-ins ...if I remember I did lose a couple of pounds, but it went back on with lots more besides.
Sell the coffee shop....yes that helped as well.....my weight though was up and down all the time....I never got rid of clothes that were too big because they always fitted again at some point!
It's not until you realise that you have to change the way you look at food and the way you eat..(I did a lot of emotional eating!!) that you can lose weight and keep it off. For someone that is addicted to chocolate and sweets though it is easier said than done.
Just over a year ago I focused on changing the way I ate...I even did a couple of websites...so all the information I was gathering for writing articles on weight loss, I put into practice. I lost 13kg that year...pat on the back please!!
Sadly when I took my eye off the ball I put back on 3 of those I had lost......so this is where I start my 90 day challenge.....Wanting and needing to change the way I eat...for good.... follow my journey and please feel free to comment along the way.....
Hi My name is Lisa but I go under the pseudonym SkinnyLiz...
- Basic tips to start your weight loss journey
- Common diet mistakes
- Best Diet Tips
- Why Do I Lose Slower Than Others? What Can I Change?
- A-Z of Motivational tips
- The vegetables that fight the root cause of belly fat
- Natural diuretics
- Quick Weight Loss Tips By Focusing On Your Eating Habits
- Sleep and weight loss
- Negative calorie foods
- Fat Loss Tips That Are Guaranteed To Give you Results
- Childhood Obesity and How To Combat It
- Weight loss tips for the over 50's
- Unique 7 Day Green Juice Detox
- 2 Crafty Ladies
- Treat Yourself
- My online store
- Can plate colour help you eat healthier?
- Why is sugar so hard to resist?
- How easy is it to trick your taste?
- How does your brain make food decisions?
- What influences our food choices?
- Are eating habits contagious?
- Low GL meal plans and recipes
- How to use fruit and vegetables to manage your weight